If your struggling through difficult times you may want to know what are the best ways to cleanse your energy. We all know that your energy field surrounds you. You sleep in it and carry it with you wherever you go – so it is easy to see how the health of your energy field impacts on your serenity and confidence.
Energy fields can be polluted with environmental debris, such as toxins and electromagnetic interference, and debris belonging to others. The debris that belongs to others can store in the energy field over many years, possibly over many lifetimes. Sometimes thoughts, beliefs about how things should be or what one should do, as well as projections from others, sit in the energy field where they may be readily reactivated. These things may not have originated from the carrier, but may have resulted from interaction with other people and other environments in previous lifetimes.
One of the most important things I have learned in my journey as a healer is the necessity to own my energy. Most of us walk through our daily life’s surrounded by people that are not aware of energy. In these situations even those of us who are aware can easily forget these simple tools. I know I do. When my adrenaline is racing from stress or emotional pain, and I’m ready to attack those around me I know that I have taken on too much of other people’s energy and it’s time to cleanse my spirit. Luckily I know I can very easily protect and clear my energy (and yours too). Here is how I do it.
1) Salt baths: Taking time for even a quick bath is a great way to relax and de-charge. When sea salt is added a 20 minute bath will cleanse your energy and help you detox toxins that may be making your sick. I like to keep a bag of salts in my bathroom so I can quickly shake some into a bath I have drawn for myself. Add essential oils for aromatherapy benefits. Lavender will calm, a tiny dab of peppermint will soothe aches and pains and orange will invigorate. When I have had a rough day and simple can’t seem to shake the stress or sorrow that I am experiencing I draw a bath as soon as I get home. There is no need to bring that energy into my home life. Therefore I literally let it all wash down the drain.
2) Burn Sage: Wands of dried sage leaves can be found at natural food stores, spiritual bookstores and of course online. Be cautious as to not overspend when purchasing sage. This simple yet effective tool is not meant to be expensive. Once you know the look and smell of sage it’s easy to find in nature. Whenever I go hiking I pick a few springs of sage from the abundant bushes covering the local hills. Sage has been used by Native Americans and shamans for it’s energetic cleansing properties. Burning sage is similar to burning incense. You light to wand to get it smoking, then wave it around yourself and your space. I have a small metal pot that I use to extinguish the sage once I have cleared my space. A little bit goes a long way and the smell can be very strong. If you want to clear a space, yet can’t create smoke in the space simply place a few leave of sage in a bag or bowl and let it act as potpourri . The energetic properties of the sage will clear your space if that is your intention. This is a great trick for keeping your workspace clean. When I clean or organize the house I usually burn sage to finish the process. Cleaning usually shifts energy in your house. I feel like burning sage is a nice finishing touch to help facilitate a fresh feeling on all levels.
3) Explore Nature: An easy way to clear your energy field quickly is to spend as much time as possible in nature. Whether it is bush walking, camping, swimming in the ocean or gardening, nature naturally helps transmute energetic debris. Nature helps to clear away environmental electromagnetic pollution and it also has the ability to clear certain levels of astral and etheric debris. Projected thoughts and negative beliefs lessen in their potency when you spend time in nature. Etherically, this occurs as the beings of light who live in nature, beings who live in the trees, and the nature spirits, work to clear away debris in your energy field.
4) Crystals: It is common for people to be skeptical about the healing power of crystals, but one should just turn to science and technology to find proof that crystals are objects of measurable effect. Crystals are used in many objects we use every day including silicon, which is used in all computers and mobile phones and LCD’s, and quartz, a silicate material used in watches and clocks to regulate time. When you consider all of these applications, the effect of crystals on outside energies is undeniable.
5) Forgiveness: I know at first it sounds cheesy but this is huge. If there is someone in your life that you need to forgive, this energy could very well be sucking you dry and blocking new relationships. Take a moment and consider, is there someone in your life that when you think of them, you cringe? Is there someone that if you saw them on the street, you’d run the other way? If the answer is yes, you have some unfinished business. You don’t need to give them a hug the next time you see them, but if you don’t have love in your heart for someone, that hatred is only hurting you. Light some candles, burn some sage and forgive them. You don’t even have to tell them. This is more for you than for them.
6) Remove All Mental Clutter: Are you the one at the green light spacing out while other drivers are blaring their horns are you? If your mind is taking up way too much space, then it is time to do a little mind cleanse. For the next week, take your journal (or go buy one) and every single morning write for three minutes straight. Just dump all the thoughts. They don’t need to make sense. They just need to get out of your headspace. When you are finished, sit in silence for three minutes. This will free up your intuition and your creativity.
7) Clear Up Your Personal Living Space: My mother is very religious. She always quoted a line from the Bible, “Order is heaven’s first law” . While mind clutter is often the worse offense, a cluttered space can keep us just as stuck. If your closet is filled with items your tacky cousin wouldn’t even wear, and it takes you more than two minutes to find a pen, chances are you may need to do a little spring cleaning. When your space is cluttered, it is hard to get grounded and feel rested and calm. Go through your closets and take a look at your shelves. If you haven’t worn it in a year, donate it and if you’ve already read that book, give it to a friend. When you make space, you are inviting in the new fresh possibilities that seek to find you.
In the end it all comes down to needing positive energy to motivate us.
We need physical energy to get out of bed and go about our day, but we also rely on positive energy to motivate us to get going and to carry on throughout the day.
Many times we focus our attentions on our physical self – what we eat, how much we eat, what clothing and shoes we should wear, what activities we do. But as important as it is to stay physically healthy, it’s just as essential to care for our emotional health.
And a big part of that is surrounding ourselves in positive energy – spending time with people who lift us up and inspire us, who make us want to be better people, and surrounding ourselves in a positive environment, being in clean and happy places that also have the power to lift us up and inspire us.
If you need a consultation or a customized energy clearing session please contact me to schedule an appointment.